This technique is useful for identifying potential problems related to production processes that have an impact on the use of a product. Performing a PFMEA is a mandatory step during preparation phases of the production processes, as well as during the design or evaluation of any subsequent modifications.
This technique can greatly contribute to preventive actions aimed at identifying the risks and impacts of a product failing during the manufacturing process or in the hands of the customer. This benefit is accomplished in part by calculating the Risk Priority Number associated with each potential cause of nonconformity, based on the severity of the problem, the probability of its occurrence and which preventive measures are in place. Although a PFMEA is particularly useful during the preparation or modification of production processes, it is nonetheless relevant to all of an organization’s activities. PFMEAs are compatible with the requirements of AS9100C, as well as with other sector-specific standards based on AS9100C, e.g. AS9110 and AS9120. The prioritization of potential problems can greatly contribute to the preventive approach of any organization.
- PFMEA basics
- Reliability and related terminology
- Objectives of a PFMEA
- Risk factors and Risk Priority Number
- Contents of a Process FMEA table
This 2-day course is designed to provide a working understanding of the application of the PFMEA technique. It will enable participants to acquire the knowledge and techniques to:
- understand the principles behind the analysis
- discover and understand the relevant requirements
- apply the methods and techniques recommended in the SAE J1739 standard in order to create a PFMEA or to assess a supplier’s PFMEA.
- Personnel involved, directly or indirectly, in production activities at first-tier OEM or replacement parts suppliers, as well as at second-tier suppliers of parts.
- Companies involved in the realization of aerospace products (AS/EN 9100)
- Companies providing maintenance, repair and overhaul services for aerospace products (AS/EN 9110)
- Companies that procure and resell aerospace products (AS/EN 9120)
Sessions are also presented in-house/on site. This allows customization of the material to meet the specific needs of each customer; particularly by illustrating how theory applies using examples from the organization.
A certificate of attendance is issued.