Numerous surveys have shown that the success or failure of a quality management system depends largely on the involvement of top management, or the lack of it.
This has been particularly true since the 2000 edition of the standards, which requires the active participation of the organization's management. This was confirmed in the 2008 edition and considerably reinforced in the 2015 edition.
This course is tailored to each client's specific needs and is presented in private sessions only.
This course is designed for management and supervisory staff who want to understand the requirements of the new edition of the standards, particularly as regards the strategic aspects of the quality management system, and their roles and responsibilities within it.
The aim of this course is to make participants aware of the changes brought about by the 2015 edition of ISO 9001, and more specifically:
- a brief reminder of the what, when and how of this standard
- provide an overview of the changes between the 2008 and 2015 editions, and highlight their general rationale
- examine the significance and impact of the main changes, especially those of particular interest to the organization's management
The course introduces the new general structure of the standard, which follows a framework now applicable to all ISO management system standards. The course then looks in more detail at the following aspects:
- from a strategic point of view, understanding the organization and its context, and understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties;
- leadership and commitment from management ;
- The process approach has been strengthened, and the risk (and opportunity) approach is now explicit and systematically addressed;
- organizational knowledge management ;
- the notion of improvement, which still includes continuous improvement, but is now considerably broader.
There are no prerequisites for this course to discover the 2015 version of the standard, but knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 is an asset to fully appreciate the changes brought about by this new edition.
The course usually lasts 3 to 4 hours, but can be extended to 8 hours, depending on the customer's needs.
If the available dates are not suitable for your schedule, contact us to be added to the waiting list or request a private session.